Tracing development of admin efficiency in recruitment
Before the development of the personal computer (PC), clerical admin for recruitment businesses was a time-consuming and labour-intensive process that relied heavily on manual tasks and paper-based systems. While there were some technological advancements, such as the electric typewriter and photocopiers, it was the arrival of the PC that really changed the game, revolutionising clerical admin by automating many tasks and significantly improving the efficiency of administrative work.
Once the PC arrived there was no turning back, as digital innovation and process refinement drove a steady flow of continual improvement:
- 1980s – The use of personal computers (PCs) becomes widespread, leading to the development of early recruitment software and applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- 1990s – The Internet age arrives! Online recruitment portals become popular, allowing recruiters to post job ads and search for candidates online.
- 2000s – Social media platforms emerge, providing recruiters with new channels for candidate sourcing and networking.
- 2010s – Cloud computing platforms appear with online recruitment software and ATSs debuting, offering greater flexibility and accessibility, as well as enhanced data security and privacy.
- 2010s-2020s – The rise of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies in recruitment has led to the development of intelligent recruitment software that can automate administrative tasks, allowing recruiters to focus on high-value activities.
You might be forgiven for thinking that with sophisticated AI tools now being the primary point of focus for the process of search and selection, everything else in the day-to-day running of a recruitment agency would have been nailed down tight when it came to efficiency. However, there is still the potential for some areas to get overlooked.
Integrating timesheets with expense management
Today’s recruitment agencies are dynamic, fast-paced organisations that need to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Two of the essential tasks are managing timesheets and expenses. However, many agencies manage these tasks separately, which invites inefficiency and errors. ETZ integrates expense management with timesheets, improving the efficiency of your recruitment agency through:
- Streamlining the process – When expenses and timesheets are managed separately, tracking and reconciling the data may take more time and it may be more prone to errors. Integrating expense management and timesheets with ETZ streamlines the process, with data more easily tracked and reconciled. This makes errors less likely and improves the overall efficiency of your agency.
- Increasing accuracy – Integrating expense management with timesheets also increases the accuracy of the data. When expenses and timesheets are managed separately, it can be easy to miss expenses or to record them incorrectly. By integrating the two with ETZ, the data is automatically cross-referenced, ensuring that all expenses are accounted for and recorded accurately.
- Improving analytics – Using ETZ to integrate expense management with timesheets also allows for improved reporting and business intelligence (BI). With both sets of data in one system, it is easier to generate reports and analyse data. This can help recruitment agencies to identify areas where they can improve their processes, such as reducing expenses or improving time management.
- Simplifying approvals – Why use two sets of approval processes for signing off timesheets and expenses? Sync them together in one approval process that uses secure digital authorisation by using ETZ. Integration simplifies and accelerates the sign-off procedure, reducing the time it takes to process expenses, improving the overall efficiency of your agency.
- Enhancing user experience – Using ETZ to integrate expense management with timesheets provides a much better user experience. Whether a user is a member of your agency back office team, a candidate or an approver signing off on timesheets and expenses, the system lets you deliver a better experience for both candidates, clients and your agency back office team.
To learn more about ETZ integrated timesheets and expense management, book your demo today!
Timesheets PLUS Expenses for a more efficient back office with ETZ
ETZ’s leading ETZ’s leading timesheet and invoicing solution streamlines the back office processing of your recruitment agency. Our complementary solutions, ETZ Comply for onboarding and document management, and Caspian for business intelligence, give agencies further capability to streamline and uncover opportunities. To find out more, call us on +61 (0) 405 458 821 or book a demo.